Short term child care services
The Mannerheim League for Child Welfare (MLL) offers you help with child care. The League’s child care service is meant to meet temporary and short term needs for child care assistance, around the clock, also on weekends.
The Mannerheim League for Child Welfare has a pool of babysitters. They are trained and suitable to work with children. A typical babysitter is a student under 20 years of age. In addition to initial training, MLL also provides advanced training, supervision and counseling to babysitters on a regular basis.
Short term child care service is available for example when
- a child is ill
- a parent is ill
- the child’s permanent caregiver is ill
- a parent is on a business trip, in a meeting, or studying
- parents need a break for hobbies or to spend some time together
How to order a MLL babysitter?
We offer child care services in following municipalities; Espoo, Helsinki, Kauniainen, Kerava, Kirkkonummi, Järvenpää, Lohja, Mäntsälä, Nurmijärvi, Porvoo, Sipoo, Tuusula, Vantaa and Vihti.
We will process your orders on weekdays during the office hours, but you can make an order at anytime of a day.
Family will be babysitter's employer (read the instructions below).
One babysitter can take care of maximum 4 children at a time.
Make an order in web:
Register as a new user
(Choose an English version in the upper right corner of the page)
For registered users:
Our phone service:
Tel. 044 0303 301
Families employ the babysitters
- Pay the babysitter 8,20 €/hour. Min. 2hours. On Sundays hourly fee is 16,40€.
- Give the babysitter a payslip with the salary.
- To ensure a safe journey home at late hours (after 23 o'clock), they are expected to pay for a taxi or take the babysitter home themselves.
- Pay the babysitter 8,20 €/hour for the hours needed for meeting the family and children before the actual service if family wants to meet the babysitter beforehand.
- Pay the employer’s pension contribution (TyEL) of 25,10 percent (2017) of the gross amount paid to the babysitter (travel expenses are not included in TyEL). They should request babysitter’s social security number for payment. Payment can be made at following statutory insurance companies: Veritas, Etera, Ilmarinen, Elo, Varma, Eläke-Fennia, Pensions-Alandia. Many insurance companies have a web-service where payment can be made easily.
- If the payment for one specific babysitter is not more than 58,19 euro per calendar month, the family is not obligated to pay the employer's pension fee.
- If this monthly payment is more than 58,19 € the pension fee must be paid of the whole amount paid to the babysitter.
- The babysitter’s part of the pension fee payment is either 6,15 percent (babysitters aged 17–52 and aged 63-67) or 7,65 percent (babysitters aged 53–62). The babysitter’s part of the pension fee can be subtracted from the payment given to the babysitter. TyEL-chart 2017
Statutory accident insurance for employees must be taken if a family pays more than 1200€ per year for employers. You can consult insurance companies and choose the right insurance cover for your family. This insurance is taken out on a calendar year basis and covers all babysitters that work for the family.
Unemployment insurance contribution
- Family must deduct 1,60% (year2017, see table unemployment insurance) of unemployment insurance contribution from all carers aged 17 to 64 years. Family has to make a payroll amount report if they have pay for carers aged 17 to 64 years more than 1200 € or more during calendar year. The report has to be made until the end of next year’s January either via www.palkka.fi or by calling to unemployment insurance funds customer service tel.0757570500. When family has made the report the unemployment insurance fund will send an invoice considering unemployment insurance contribution. Family will pay employers part (0,8% year 2017) and carers part. More information; www.tvr.fi (in English) Unemployment insurance 2017
- Can get tax credit for domestic costs, such as care giving work and household work. For more information about the tax credit, please go to http://www.vero.fi/.
The babysitters are responsible for paying their taxes and for getting liability insurance.
Visit www.palkka.fi for easier payments and other notifications.
To complete all the employers responsibilities family can also use a paid service http://palkkaus.fi/ (in Finnish).